Wombat & Co.

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday 6 March 2007

Ten weeks

4 June 2006


Hi all,


you will have to forgive me this week. The christening went REALLY well, but between the disruption it caused to Wombat's routine, and arguing with Centrelink over parenting payments and Family Tax Benefits (which are supposed to make my life easier!!!) I have only been able to get about two hours study done all week - and considering I was hoping to read 111 articles in that time, well, I'm sure you can imagine the effect on my nerves :P


This week coming I have to write my literature review (despite not having finished reading the literature!) and we also have three appointments which we must attend, so my chances of catching up to my satisfaction are minimal. Wombat has been awake most evenings, finally going to sleep about 11:00pm so I have been working every night until after 1:00, feeding Wombat, who will have woken up by then, and collapsing into bed. He has been waking again around 4:00, 6:00 and 8:00... but at least he has a nap or two during the day...

Last night was funny (a joke only the mummy is likely to see the humour in) - he was screaming that he was hungry, even though he'd been fed not that long ago... but he was doing everything to convince me - crying, desperately sucking on his fists, my shoulder, the pillow... so I fed him... and he fed and fed and fed until he had gutsed so much he threw it all back up again - over me, himself, the bed... he hasn't done that in weeks, but his tummy has been a little upset since going into town - I guess 4 hours strapped into a car seat aren't the best way to spend a day, even if you do get lots of cuddles in between :) After all that, he still couldn't fall asleep without a little feed, because now his tummy really was empty!

I have fixed up his spare pram in the loungeroom with Papa's sheepskin in it, so it is all comfy and cosy, and he sits out here with me now batting at a rattle pinned to the hood, and 'talking' to Eeyore and Mitch. It allows me to get a tiny bit more time on the computer, and means he isn't stuck in the bedroom all day - but the electricity bill is likely to be enormous from the heating required. (One of the reasons I am arguing with Centrefink - who would believe that they would pay me to stay home and play with baby after they cut off my study payments??? but we're really going to need that money, even if they do make us pay for it with stress while trying to apply!)

Anyway, that's all I have time for today - disappointing, I know! I will leave you with a few photos of the christening - I don't have many yet as I only took 3 myself! Steff and Saira sent me a few, but the ones Steff and her in-laws took in the church came out very dark (understandably - we didn't choose the church for its photographic lighting, but for its beauty and friendliness!) so I am hoping she can send me the originals sometime, and I can play with them to get the best effect. Papa will also have some more for us - and a video of the occasion :)

I am planning to take pics of Wombat playing with his presents, like Steff did with Kaelyn - but that will have to wait - thank you so much, everyone - he has read all his new books, and tried on most of his new clothes, played with his new rubber ducky and his new activity gym, admired his silver moneybox and photo frame... but his favourite present so far???


This blue butterfly bag which Sue & JJ chose as wrapping. Well done, guys - he loves it!!!



Steff did well, too... she took this wonderful photo of me and Wombat - I have never liked a photograph more!!! Even Yeti says "full marks" and he is picky about photography :D



This is inside the cafe before the ceremony - Steff holding Wombat, and Papa attempting to hold Kae, who was having a lovely active wriggle-puss kind of day :)



It was wonderful to see Kae again - she is growing into a lovely little girl... though when you see the cousins together you realise just how tall Wombat is going to be one day :) His hands are already the same size as hers, and you know what they say about a puppy with big paws! He is going to be a tall man!!!



That's Grandma in the background looking terribly tired. She and my stepfather, Jouko, had a harrowing four hour drive through torrential rain and only just arrived in time for the ceremony.



Grandma had made a lovely christening cake for Wombat, but unfortunately we didn't get time to share it with everyone - it was REALLY yummy though :) There's still a few slices left... but there won't be for long!

Here are a few photos from inside the church - it is such a special place - I was so happy that Wombat could be baptised there...





Saira took some nice family shots of Yeti and I with Wombat...




and although Wombat was sound asleep after the ceremony, we got some lovely photos of him with Saira, his godmother.




Sorry folks, that's all I have time for... until next week :)

No comments: