Wombat & Co.

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday 20 February 2007

Six weeks

(7 May 06)

This week, Wombat, you went to town for the first time, to see the doc for your six-week check up. It was the first time you had been out in the car for several weeks, but you were as well-behaved as ever - thankfully you really like your car seat! After seeing the doctor (and getting a clean bill of health) you and Daddy sat and watched the autumn colour on the Jacaranda trees while I went to the bank. That was the exciting highlight of the week :P

Other than that, we have been practicing our sleep/eat/play routine (made more interesting by gifts which arrived from Auntie Steff and Papa) and I have been racing out to the computer to work on my thesis every time you go to sleep. You havn't given me much chance this week, as you have been wide awake in the evenings and I have been very tired myself.

Yesterday, Daddy was building us a railing around our deck and we had to vacate the bedroom, so we spent several hours playing in the loungeroom, and went for a walk to look at the autumn leaves on the liquid amber in the back yard. As the evening wore on it got colder and you were overtired, refusing to settle. I finally got you to sleep at 10:30 by bunnyrugging you up tight and lying down beside the bassinet where you could see me until you were sound asleep. By this stage I was also exhausted, so decided to go to sleep as well, since I was expecting you to be up again at 12, or 2am at the latest. Imagine my surprise to wake at 5:30! My first thought was to check the monitor - yes, it was still working, a little green light flashing every time you breathed... and you gave a little Wombat whimper to confirm it... then I thought perhaps you had been trying to wake me earlier but I had slept through it (yeah, right - like you had suddenly forgotten how to cry when you needed me!!!) So I got you up, changed your nappy and fed you, and you were the happiest, smiliest Wombat I had ever seen! After 7 hours sleep I was a pretty happy mummy as well :D I think that's the most sleep I have gotten since you were born! Even better, you have been very good about following your routine all day, and you are now sound asleep at 9pm, allowing me to get on with some work (as soon as I finish writing here, that is, so I had better wrap this up!)

This week's photos:

First, I have become paranoid about my adventurous little Wombat learning to roll over and falling off the change table, since I have a tendency to be distracted and you enjoy lying there and watching me... some change tables have straps to hold baby on, so I decided to improvise with the belt from an old dressing gown... you seem to like the idea :) - that's a bamboo nappy, by the way...



and sticking with the nappy shots - here is my Wombat enjoying the luxury of your lovely new lambskin - an early christening present from Papa... I have been putting you on it every day after your bath, before I dress you, and you have really been enjoying it, if the happy gurgles are anything to go by :D



next, Wombat, here you are playing with the activity mat sent by Auntie Steff as a "welcome to the world" gift (once again accompanied by happy goos and gahs - you are 'talking' a lot more this week!)



My darling Wombat (in the chinese carrier) and the golden leaves of the liquid amber...



"HELP, Mummy, it's attacking me!!!!"



This one is my desktop background for this month :D In fact, it's one of my favourite photos of you so far, Wombat! It looks much better full screen!



On the way back inside - "Gee, Mum, isn't everything DRY!!!" It's a real drought year again - we have had hardly any autumn rain and very strong winds... as you can see, the gardens are suffering as a result...



and last of all, here you are all bunnyrugged up tight (in a real bunny-rug) :D

No comments: